Pelvic Floor Treatment
Pelvic floor physical therapy is a treatment for issues related to the pelvic floor. This physical therapy includes different exercises. The pelvic floor is made up of a group of muscles to support the urinary and reproductive tracts. A group of muscles at the base of the pelvic area control your bladder and bowels.
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
Whenever you face pelvic floor problems, muscles in the pelvic floor cannot work together the way they should. If you have only tightened muscles and they can’t relax, you may have problems which are given below:
- Peeing frequently
- Trouble controlling your bowels or urine, leading to leaks
- Pain during sex in women
- Erectile dysfunction in men
Who needs pelvic floor physical therapy?
Pelvic physiotherapy is highly recommended for those who have disorders of the pelvic region. Both men and women can have this problem. In such a case, you need to perform a few exercises that will help you strengthen the floor and also enhance bladder and bowel control. Pelvic floor dysfunction may come from childbirth, surgery, illness, aging, and many other conditions like urinary incontinence, constipation, and bladder-emptying issues.
So The Eventual Treatment Plan May Include:
- Stretching or strengthening exercises of the legs, trunk, or pelvic muscles
- Relaxation exercises for shortened pelvic muscles
- Education in self-management and prevention
- Coordination exercises
- Biofeedback for either relaxation or strengthening of pelvic muscles
- Modalities such as ice, heat, or electrical stimulation
We Are Here To Help You Recover And Live Your Best Life.